Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Now Hear Izzy!

Hi everyone,

As usual, I've taken my sweet time in between posts but the opportunity to jump back into it was prompted by none other than my daughter Isabelle. Two nights ago she spoke up as I was tucking her into bed.

"Daddy, I think I really need a blog like you and mommy."

"You do?" I replied. "Why is that? What would you write about?"

"Oh, I thought maybe I could write about Africa, or Haiti, or about the adoption."

I paused for a moment before speaking, imagining the thought of my six-year-old casting forth her thoughts into cyberspace.

"I'll talk to mommy about it." I said. She smiled broadly, as if my response was tantamount to a resounding thumbs up for her big idea.

"In the mean time," I continued, "what if you wrote something about the Child Survival Program?" Her smile got bigger and before I knew it she jumped out of her bed and ran out of the room, fetching two fresh sheets of paper. It was late, but I didn't have the heart to tell her that this little project would have to wait until morning. I'm glad I didn't.

Less than ten minutes later she emerged from the room with her heart spilled out on the pages, written in a little girl's scrawl that will fade away much too soon for her Daddy. Her thoughts though, made my heart leap, and made her parents give serious thought to letting this little girl put pen to paper more often. More on that soon. In the mean time, I'll simply be quiet and let Izzy's words speak for themselves. Here are her thoughts...


Babies and mommys in Africa need a lot of help right now.

Think about it.

What if you were a mom in Africa and you could not feed your kids or babies or yourself? That is exactly what is happening right now, so sponsor and help a mommy and baby and it will save a kid's, baby's and a mom's life! :)

So, like I said, sponsor a person now and help a life grow and grow, and the most exciting thing is that they will learn about Jesus and God in the Bible!

So go to Compassion and have fun! The CSP is waiting. A kid is waiting to be saved, and if you sponsor them they will get everything they need- love and care.

Make a choice to save a life or not, and to help them be happy and know that they are loved. All you need to do is make a choice to be smart and sponsor a mom, so go to the CSP now! :)

What more can I possibly add to that? Oh yes, click here to help a mom and a baby now.

4 comments:

  1. Love this! Out of the mouth of babes! You should let her start a BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mo. Well, believe it or not,we're in "negotiations" to do just that. We'll see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this girl! I know for a fact that God is going to use her in some BIG, BIG ways. And if you allow her to start a Blog, I will be her first Follower!
    "Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God." That's our Iz-for sure!!

    Love you all,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! Izzy is already a far better writer than I am and I have a blog so....

    If only we could all see the world through her eyes! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete